- Excellent touch-up for galvanised surfaces.
- Provides excellent corrosion and rust resistance to ferrous metals.
- The galvanic properties ensure cathodic protection (the coating becomes the anode).
- Unique combination of flexibility and hardness.
- Resists rusting, peeling and fading.
- Adheres well to metal surfaces.
- Combines the galvanised look with the convenience of an aerosol application.
- Totally lead and chromate free.
- No chlorinated and low-aromatic solvents.
- Aerosols use dimethylether (DME) propellant for controlled spray and film properties.
- Fences and gates
- Home, garden and farm equipment
- Construction equipment
- Structural steel
- Guard rails
- Welding seams
- Pipes and fittings
- Coastal and shipborne installations
- Repair of LPG storage tanks
- Shake aerosol can very well for at least one minute after agitator ball is free. Stir or mix bulk product well to obtain a homogeneous dispersion. Repeat frequently while using.
- Apply to a clean, degreased, dry surface for best results. Remove rust and scale with a wire brush.
- Apply in light, even coats; best results are obtained with 2 lighter rather than 1 heavy coat. Additional coats can be applied after 15-20 minutes.
- When spraying is finished, clean aerosol valve by turning can upside down and press button until only propellant escapes. If clogging occurs, remove button and clean orifice with fine wire.
- Do not use on energised equipment. Use in well ventilated area.
- A safety data sheet (MSDS) according EU directive 93/112 is available for all CRC products.
TYPICAL(*) PRODUCT DATA (without propellant)
- Appearance : bright alu finish
- Resin type : modified alkyd
- Pigment type : zinc, leafing aluminium
- Specific gravity (@ 20°C)
- aerosol : 1,06
- bulk : 1,15
- Flash point (solvents)
- aerosol : -4°C
- bulk : 27°C
- Coverage (30 um, dry)
- aerosol : approx. 1,6 m2/can (400 ml)
- bulk : approx. 12 m2/kg
- Drying times
- to touch : 10-15 min
- to handle : 1 h
- complete curing : 24 h
- Recommended film thickness : 30-40 um
- Thinner / cleaner : white spirit, acetates
- Dry film properties (35 um on degreased metal)
- Salt spray (ASTM B 117) : 100 h (**) (35 um film thickness)
- Adhesion on steel (NFT 30038) : 0
- Flexibility (6 mm mandrel, visual) : pass
- Heat resistance (4 h @ 200°C) : slight yellowing
- Hardness Persoz (after 72 h) : 80 s.
- Solvent resistance : TBD
- aerosol : 12 x 400 ml
- bulk : 750 ml