CRC 3-36’s effectiveness for surface protection is derived from three of its principal properties :
- affinity for metal
- low surface tension
- high capillary action.
By its affinity for metal and low surface tension CRC 3-36 displaces moisture and separates it from contact with the metal surface. The high capillary action contributes to the great spreading power.
- Multi-purpose lubricant, penetrant and corrosion inhibitor
- Displaces and seals out moisture, especially after washing or hosing off engines or equipment
- Penetrates through corrosion to loosen frozen parts
- Lubricates without leaving a sticky residue
- Cleans light soils and contaminants
- Prevents ‘fingerprinting’ by its protective film
- Protection of all metals and alloys
- Compatible with most painted surfaces, coatings, plastics and rubbers
- Equipped with the 360° (upside-down) spray valve for added convenience
- Pressurised with non-flammable CO2 propellant
- Active product content of 97%
- Specifications :
- NSN 6850-00-050-0659
- USDA class H2
For new, in service or stored equipment.
PROCESS MANUFACTURING :
- Heat treated parts
- Machined surfaces
- Finished welds
- In-process aluminium extrusions
- Precision mechanisms
- Weld rod and wire
- Air actuated tools
- Frozen joints
- Spray in light, even films to lubricate and protect metal surfaces. For electrostatic spraying, addition of polar solvents (butanol, nitropropane) may be necessary.
- Apply liberally and allow to penetrate to free rusted parts. Full penetration may require several hours.
- To displace moisture, spray wet surfaces until run-off is clear and moisture-free.
- To be removed by solvent cleaners (CRC Industrial Degreaser, CRC Fast Dry Degreaser) or alkaline degreasing before surface treatment.
- For application of CRC 3-36 in dipping baths, customers should take care to stir from time to time (to distribute small amounts of deposits) and to prevent excessive evaporation of solvent.When stable emulsions have been formed, the bath should be emptied and cleaned, and the product replaced.
- Do not use on energized equipment. Use in a well ventilated area.
- A safety data sheet (MSDS) according EU-Directive 93/112 is available for all CRC products.
TYPICAL(*) PRODUCT DATA (without propellant)
- Appearance : blue-green, clear
- Specific gravity (@ 20°C) : 0.83
- Distillation range of solvents : 190-250°C
- Freezing point : -50°C
- Flash point (open cup) : 78°C
- Dynamic viscosity (@ 20°C) : 3.9 mPa.s
- Ultimate film thickness : 2.10-6m,(@ 20°C, after a 24 hr spread)
- Maximum expected coverage : 100 m2/l, (@ 20°C, after a 24 hr spread)