Anaerobic adhesive based on methacrylate esters, developed to replace preformed gaskets
on machined flanges.
The adhesive has a relative fast initial setting to allow the application of moderate pressure.
• Moderate and controlled shear strength.
• Thixotropy and high viscosity provide the adhesive with a good filling capacity.
• Suitable for machined metal flanges.
• Seals immediately under low pressure (< 10 kg/cm²).
• Great resistance to: temperature, corrosion, vibrations, water, gas, oils, hydrocarbons
and most chemicals.
• Difficult to dismount with normal tools, even after some years.
• Does not run or drip off.
• Does not migrate after assembly.
• Not suitable for plastic connections.
• Soluble in oil.
Adhesive specially recommended for:
• Sealing of metallic, machined flanges, where all the composing parts have a limited
difference in thermal expansion coefficient.
• Replaces and eliminates the use of pre-cut gaskets.
Best results are obtained on clean, dry and grease free surfaces. For best results, use CRC
Industrial degreaser. In general, roughened surfaces give higher bond strengths than
polished or ground surfaces.
Apply a bead of CRC Rigid Seal along the complete flange and around the bolt-holes and
Assemble and apply the needed pre-torque when applicable. The assembly can be put
immediately under low pressure (< 10 kg/cm²). The functional curing time is obtained after 1
to 3 hours and full resistance can be expected 12 to 24 hours from application. When
assembled, any possible excess adhesive can be removed with a dry cloth or tissue.
Clean cured product by tramping the part for 10 min. into CRC Super Gasket Remover.
Flush with water and remove remnants with a nylon brush.
TYPICAL PRODUCT DATA
- Properties of uncured material:
Viscosity : 75000 – 90000cPs thixotropic
Specific weight : 1,05 g/ml
Color : orange fluorescent
Flash point : > 100ºC
- Properties of the material when cured (24 hours, at 23ºC and 55% of RH)
Gap filling : 0,50 mm
Breakloose torque : 12 – 20 Nm
Prevailing torque : 6 – 14 Nm
Temperature range : -50 + 180 ºC (short time 200°C)
Initial strength : 20 – 30 minutes
Final resistance : 12 – 24 hours
Shear strength : 6 – 13 N/mm²
Pressure resistance : instantly seals up to 10 bars 200 bars after full curing
- Chemical resistance
|Solvent||Resistance of the bond|
|Short time||Long time|
|Engine oil (0W30)||Very good||Very good|
|Petrol without lead||Good||Good|
Squeeze bottles 50 ml
All statements in this publication are based on service experience and/or laboratory testing. Because of the wide variety of equipment and conditions and the unpredictable human factors involved, we recommend that our products be tested on-the-job prior to use. All information is given in good faith but without warranty neither expressed nor implied.
This Technical Data Sheet may already have been revised at this moment for reason such as legislation, availability of components and newly acquired experiences.