Pickling paste that restores the original characteristics of Stainless Steel after welding or heat
Degreasing, cleaning, pickling and passivating of austenitic and duplex stainless steel 303,
304, 316, …, nickel and aluminium.
• Degreases and cleans the surface of the welding area.
• Eliminates all color effects from heat treatment.
• Passivates and restores the stainless effect after welding.
• Does not contain hydrofluoric acid. Consequently no emissions of HF vapour.
• Does not contain Chlorine nor Sulphur.
• Active with temperatures >5°C.
• No dripping on inclined and vertical surfaces.
• Very efficient. Practical to use.
• No need to degrease but recommended on very contaminated surfaces (degrease with
CRC Industrial Degreaser).
• Passivation occurs automatically after rinsing with water and by exposing to the air.
• The tensio-active substances used are over 90% biodegradable according to OECD
• For local pickling and cleaning constructions and all welding joints on stainless steel.
Always wear protective clothing and read the safety instructions.
• Stir the pickling paste. Spread the undiluted paste over the surface or the welding joint by
using an acid resistant brush.
• Contact time: 30 min to 2 h. (depending on the type of steel, the kind of welding joint and
the temperature of the environment).
• The pickling process is terminated as soon as the paste turns grey.
• Always rinse abundant with clean water.
• Different optical effects and grey shades can be obtained by varying the pickling time,
concentration or temperature.
• Over-pickling results in sensitivity of the corrosion and harms the passivation process.
In case of doubt, try out on a test surface or contact our technical service.
A safety data sheet (MSDS) according to EU directive 91/155/EEC and amendments is
available for all CRC products.
TYPICAL PRODUCT DATA (without propellant)
|Specific gravity (@ 20°C)||:||1,352|
|Boiling range||:||100 – 261°C|
|Vapour pressure (@ 20°C)||:||2332|
|Viscosity (@ 20°C)||:||3900 mPa.s|
|Solubility in water||:||completely|
bulk : 2 x 2 kg
- Keep in a well-closed packaging in a closed; frost free and ventilated room.
- Handle with care to avoid leakage. Leakage’s can damage floors and other materials.
- Avoid metallic packaging.
All statements in this publication are based on service experience and/or laboratory testing. Because of the wide
variety of equipment and conditions and the unpredictable human factors involved, we recommend that our
products be tested on-the-job prior to use. All information is given in good faith but without warranty neither
expressed nor implied.
This Technical Data Sheet may already have been revised at this moment for reason such as legislation,
availability of components and newly acquired experiences.