A thread locker, developed to carry moderate shear forces to temporary lock threaded
connections. Anaerobic adhesive based on methacrylate esters.
As dismountable or temporary are considered: those connections that do not become loose,
by the interaction of thermal expansion or vibration. At the other hand, it is reasonably easy
to dismount the connection for reason of service, with normal tools.
• A moderate and controlled torque tension.
• Thixotropy and moderate viscosity provide the adhesive with a good filling capacity.
• Suitable for threaded connections from M5 till M16.
• Great resistance to: temperature, corrosion, vibrations, water, gas, oils, hydrocarbons
and most chemicals.
• Reasonably easy to dismount with normal tools.
• Does not run or drip off.
• Does not migrate after assembly.
Adhesive specially recommended for:
• Locking and sealing metallic threaded screws and bolts which may need to be removed.
The resulting structural joint is resistant to vibrations and eliminates the need to use other
mechanic fastening elements.
• Those connections where a controlled and steady break loose and prevailing torque is
• In constructions where accidental component disassembly cannot be tolerated.
Best results are obtained on clean, dry, oil and grease free surfaces. For best results, clean
with CRC Industrial Degreaser. In general, roughened surfaces give higher bond strengths
than polished or ground surfaces.
Apply a bead of CRC Soft Lock on the last thread of the nut or bolt / screw.
Assemble and apply the needed pre-torque when applicable. Depending on the nature of the
metal and the ambient conditions, parts can be handled 15 minutes later without affecting the
curing of the adhesive. The functional curing time is 1 to 3 hours and maximum resistance is
obtained 24 hours after application. After the assembly, any possible excess of adhesive can
be removed with a dry cloth or tissue.
Clean cured product by tramping the part for 10 min. into CRC Super Gasket Remover.
Flush with water and remove remnants with a nylon brush.
TYPICAL PRODUCT DATA
- Properties of uncured material:
Viscosity (Brookfield RVT, 20 rpm, Sp.3) at 23 ºC : 1000 mPa s Specific weight : 1,1 g/ml
Flash point : > 100ºC
Recommended thread sizes : M5 till M16
Maximum screw diameter : M36
- Properties of the material when cured (24 hours, at 23ºC and 55% of RH)
Gap filling : 0,25 mm
Shear strength : 10 N/mm2
Torque (ISO 10964) break loose : 8 – 15 Nm
|prevailing||: < breakloose torque|
|Temperature range||: -55 + 150 ºC|
|Open time||: 10 – 20 minutes|
|Final resistance||: 1-3 hours|
- · Chemical resistance
|Solvent||Resistance of the bond|
|Short time||Long time|
|Engine oil (0W30)||Excellent||Excellent|
|Petrol with lead||Excellent||Excellent|
|Coolant emulsions (50% – 50%)||Excellent||Very good|
|Ethanol||Very good||Very good|
|Ketones||Very good||Very good|
Bottles 50 ml
All statements in this publication are based on service experience and/or laboratory testing. Because of the wide variety of equipment and conditions and the unpredictable human factors involved, we recommend that our products be tested on-the-job prior to use. All information is given in good faith but without warranty neither expressed nor implied.
This Technical Data Sheet may already have been revised at this moment for reason such as legislation, availability of components and newly acquired experiences