A thread locker and bearing retainer, developed to carry high shear forces to permanently lock threaded connections and to fix bearings. Anaerobic adhesive based on methacrylate esters.
As permanent are considered: those connections that do not become loose, by the interaction of thermal expansion or vibration. At the other hand, threaded connections can not be easy dismounted without damaging the connection or parts, while bearings will be safe for axial and tangential movements.
• A permanent high torque and shear tension.
• Thixotropy and moderate viscosity provide the adhesive with a good filling capacity.
• Suitable for threaded connections from M5 till M16.
• Suitable for fixing of bearings and axes.
• Great resistance to: temperature, corrosion, vibrations, water, gas, oils, hydrocarbons and most chemicals.
• Difficult or not possible to dismount with normal tools.
• Does not run or drip off.
• Does not migrate after assembly
Adhesive specially recommended for:
• Locking and sealing metallic threaded screws and bolts that have no need to be removed. The resulting structural joint is resistant to vibrations and eliminates the need to use other mechanic fastening elements.
• Retaining of bearings and axes when the applied tolerances are not intended to or not sufficient to make a firm connection.
• Those connections where a high and steady break loose and prevailing torque is desired.
• In constructions where component disassembly cannot be tolerated.
Best results are obtained on clean, dry and grease free surfaces. Clean with CRC industrial Degreaser for best results.
In general, roughened surfaces give higher bond strengths than polished or ground surfaces. Apply a bead of CRC Extra Lock on the last thread of the nut or bolt / screw, or cover the entire circumference of the ax or bearing. Assemble and apply the needed pre-torque when applicable. Depending on the nature of the metals and the ambient conditions, parts can be handled 15 minutes later without affecting the curing of the adhesive
The functional curing time is 1 to 3 hours and maximum resistance is obtained 24 hours later. After the assembly, any possible excess adhesive can be removed with a dry cloth or tissue.
Clean cured product by tramping the part for 10 min. into CRC Super Gasket Remover. Flush with water and remove remnants with a nylon brush.
TYPICAL PRODUCT DATA
- Properties of uncured material:
Viscosity (Brookfield RVT, 20 rpm, Sp.3) at 23 ºC : 500 mPa s Specific weight : 1,1 g/ml
Recommended thread sizes : M5 till M16
Maximum screw diameter : M20
Flash point : > 100ºC
- Properties of the material when cured (24 hours, at 23ºC and 55% of RH) Gap filling : 0,25 mm
Shear strength : 30 N/mm2
Torque (ISO 10964) break loose : average 28 ± 2 Nm
prevailing : average 42 ± 3 Nm
Temperature range : -55 + 150 ºC
Open time : 2 – 5 minutes
Final resistance : 1-3 hours
Resistance : High
- Chemical resistance
|Solvent||Resistance of the bond|
|Short time||Long time|
|Engine oil (0W30)||Very good||Excellent|
|Petrol with lead||Excellent||Excellent|
|Hydraulic fluid||Very good||Very good|
|Coolant emulsions (50% – 50%)||Very good||Excellent|
|Ethanol||Very good||Very good|
|Ketones||Very good||Very good|
|Solvent cleaners||Very good||Very good|
All statements in this publication are based on service experience and/or laboratory testing. Because of the wide variety of equipment and conditions and the unpredictable human factors involved, we recommend that our products be tested on-the-job prior to use. All information is given in good faith but without warranty neither expressed nor implied.
This Technical Data Sheet may already have been revised at this moment for reason such as legislation, availability of components and newly acquired experiences.