Anaerobic thread sealant, developed to carry moderate shear forces to seal threaded couplings. The adhesive has a slow curing mechanism to allow adjustments in the position of the mounted devices during an extended period.
• A moderate and controlled torque tension.
• Thixotropy and high viscosity provide the adhesive with a good filling capacity.
• Suitable for threaded connections till 3” (DM80).
• Seals immediately under low pressure (< 5 kg/cm²).
• Allows repositioning the threaded connection during 30 minutes, even under low pressure (< 5 kg/cm²).
• Great resistance to: temperature, corrosion, vibrations, water, gas, oils, hydrocarbons and most chemicals.
• Easy to dismount with normal tools, even after some years.
• Does not run or drip off.
• Does not migrate after assembly.
• Not suitable for plastic connections.
Adhesive specially recommended for:
• Sealing and fixing of metallic, threaded couplings in hydraulic or pneumatic installations.
• Eliminates the use of yarn and PTFE-ribbons.
Best results are obtained on clean, dry and grease free surfaces. For best results, clean with CRC industrial Degreaser. In general, roughened surfaces give higher bond strengths than polished or ground surfaces.
Apply a bead of CRC Easy Seal around the last two threads of the coupling.Assemble and apply the needed pre-torque when applicable. The assembly can be put immediately under low pressure (< 5 kg/cm²). If repositioning is needed, this can be done under low pressure (< 5 kg/cm²) during 20 – 40 minutes after application. The functional curing time is obtained 1 – 3 hours later and full resistance can be expected 5 – 10 hours from application. When assembled, any possible excess adhesive can be removed with a dry cloth or tissue.
Clean cured product by tramping the part for 10 min. into CRC Super Gasket Remover. Flush with water and remove remnants with a nylon brush.
TYPICAL PRODUCT DATA
- Properties of uncured material:
CRC EASY SEAL
Viscosity (Brookfield RVT, 20 rpm, Sp.3) at 23 ºC : 17.000 – 50.000 mPa s
Specific weight : 1,0 g/ml
Flash point : > 100ºC
Maximum thread sizes : 3” (DM 80)
- Properties of the material when cured (24 hours, at 23ºC and 55% of RH)
Gap filling : 0,30 mm
Shear strength : 4 – 6 N/mm2
Torque (ISO 10964) break loose : average 10 – 15 Nm
prevailing : average 1,5 – 3,5 Nm
Temperature range : -55 + 150 ºC
Elongation during rotation : > 100 %
Open time : 20 – 40 minutes
Resistant to moderate pressure : after 6 hours curing
Final resistance : 24 hours
Resistance : low
- Chemical resistance
|Solvent||Resistance of the bond|
|Short time||Long time|
|Engine oil (diesel 0W30)||Very good||Very good|
|Petrol without lead||Good||Good|
|Coolant emulsion (50% – 50%)||Excellent||Excellent|
|Hydrochloric acid||Very good||Very good|
Squeeze bottles 50 ml
All statements in this publication are based on service experience and/or laboratory testing. Because of the wide variety of equipment and conditions and the unpredictable human factors involved, we recommend that our products be tested on-the-job prior to use. All information is given in good faith but without warranty neither expressed nor implied.This Technical Data Sheet may already have been revised at this moment for reason such as legislation, availability of components and newly acquired experiences.