Multi-purpose service spray with PTFE.
A multi-purpose penetrating and lubricating product that breaks through rust and corrosion, displaces water and cleans away scale and dirt. The added PTFE improves the lubrication at the first movement of parts that have been blocked and remains the lubrication function over a extended period.
CRC 5-56 with PTFE is based on a paraffinic oil and a multiple organic inhibitor system that prevents rust and corrosion by forming a continuous protection barrier against water and oxygen.
- Penetrates quickly, even into the finest pores and cracks of the surface.
- Lubricates and restores smooth action over an extended period.
- Displaces moisture out of all electrical and ignition systems and makes it possible to start wet engines.
- Loosens rusted parts and provides a smooth start up of the movement.
- Stops annoying squeaks.
- Leaves a thin film that protects metals from corrosion induced by humidity and other corrosive atmospheres.
- Easy repair by eliminating the need for disassembly.
- Safe for all metals and alloys.
- Safe on most painted surfaces, coatings, plastics and rubbers (if in doubt, test prior to use).
- Aerosols are equipped with the 360° (upside-down) spray valve and extension tube for added convenience.
- 500 ml aerosol is equipped with the handy 2-spray valve providing the choice between a wide or a concentrated jet.
- Aerosols are pressurized with non-flammable CO2 propellant, giving an active product content of over 95% (i.e. over 30% more than typical hydrocarbon propelled products).
A modern, versatile helper for hundreds of repair jobs in all working environments.
- Electrical parts : plugs, switches, coils, leads, …
- Cars : ignition system, distributors, battery terminals, cables, starter motors, aerials, nuts and bolts, chrome, seat slides, door latches, spark plugs, …
- Home : door locks and hinges, sliding doors and windows, drills, locks, hinges, catches, DIY tools, scissors, zippers, buggies, toys, …
- Leisure : fishing gear, bicycles, garden tools, roller blades, roller skates, ski fittings, marine, golf buggies, …
- Hundreds of other uses in : workshops, garages , building sites, factories, offices, gardens, homes, do-it-yourself, …
- Apply generously and allow penetrating. Full penetration may take a few minutes or more.
- To start wet engines: spray into distributor, over coil connectors and wiring.
- For hard to reach areas, use extension tube.
- If necessary, to be removed by CRC Brakleen or CRC Quickleen.
- A safety data sheet (MSDS) according EU directive 93/112 is available for all CRC products.
TYPICAL PRODUCT DATA (without propellant)
|Appearance||: light amber, clear liquid|
|Specific gravity @ 20°C||:||0,82|
|Freezing point||:||< -50°C|
|Flash point (closed cup)||:||78°C|
|Surface tension @ 20°C||:||22 mN/m|
|(IP1 78/61, method B)|
|Ultimate film thickness(@ 20°C, after a 24 h spread)||: 1 to 2 µm|
|Maximum expected coverage (@ 20°C, after 24 h)||:||100 m2 / l|
|Film properties (after evaporation of solvent)|
|Specific gravity @ 20°C||:||0,88|
|Dynamic viscosity @ 40°C||:||26 mPa.s|
|Load wear index||:||930 N|
|(mean Hertz load)|
aerosol : 12 x 400 ml
12 x 500 ml (2-spray version)*
All statements in this publication are based on service experience and/or laboratory testing. Because of the wide variety of equipment and conditions and the unpredictable human factors involved, we recommend that our products be tested on-the-job prior to use. All information is given in good faith but without warranty neither expressed nor implied.
This Technical Data Sheet may already have been revised at this moment for reason such as legislation, availability of components and newly acquired experiences