Natural coloured EP-lithium grease. Multipurpose Grease is an EP (extreme pressure)-lithium soap-based grease for
rolling-element and sliding-contact bearings in all usual speed ranges. The chemically acting EP additives make the grease suitable for applications in which impact loads and vibrations occur. Approved according to work standard MAN 283 Li-P2.
• Good oxidation stability
• Extreme worked penetration
• High pressure resistance
• Water resistant up to 90°C
• Good protection against corrosion
• Adheres well
• Rolling-element bearings
• Sliding-contact bearings
• Sliding guides
• Linear motion guides
• Splined shafts
• Screw spindles
- Surfaces/equipment to be treated should be clean and dry. Use CRC Fast Dry Degreaser for removing all dirt
- When using Multipurpose Grease on new bearings, apply until fresh grease appears.
- Roller bearings should normally only be half filled with grease. Follow bearing
- For best results, do not mix with other grease types. The mixing of different lithium-based greases is not critical. Not compatible with sodium-based greases.
- A safety data sheet (MSDS) according to EC Regulation N° 1907/2006 Art.31 and amendments is
available for all CRC products.
Typical product data (without propellant)
- Appearance : natural coloured
- Thickener : lithium
- Base oil : mineral
- NLGI class : 2
- Temperature range
- -permanent : -30 °C to +130 °C
- -short-term : +140 °C
- Dropping point : 190 °C
- Worked penetration : 265 to 295 mm/10
- Water resistance : 1-90
- Base oil viscosity at 40°C : 195 mm2/s
- Corrosion protection /SKF Emcor Test : corrosion degree 0
- Copper corrosion at 100°C (DIN 51 811) : corrosion degree 1
- FAG-FE9 useful life at 130°C
(DIN 51 821-02-A/1500/6000-130) : F50 > 100 h
- Soap base : Li-12-hydroxystearate
o (DIN 51 502) : KP 2 K-30
(ISO 6743-9) : ISO-L-XCCEB 2
Cartridge 400 g
Bulk 1kg , 5kg
All statements in this publication are based on service experience and/or laboratory testing. Because of the wide
variety of equipment and conditions and the unpredictable human factors involved, we recommend that our
products be tested on-the-job prior to use. All information is given in good faith but without warranty neither
expressed nor implied.
This Technical Data Sheet may already have been revised as a result of a change in legislation, availability of components or newly acquired experiences. The latest and only valid version of this Technical Data Sheet will be sent to you upon simple request or can be found on our website: www.crcind.com We recommend that you register on our website for this product, thus enabling you to automatically receive any future updates.