Multi-purpose marine lubricant and corrosion inhibitor.
CRC 6-66 is based on a paraffinic oil and a multiple organic inhibitor system that prevents
rust and corrosion by displacing and sealing out moisture and by forming a continuous
protection barrier against water and oxygen. The oily, almost invisible film of CRC 6-66
lubricates and penetrates into the finest pores and cracks of the surface.
CRC 6-66’s effectiveness for surface protection is derived from three of its principal
• affinity for metal
• low surface tension
• high capillary action.
By its affinity for metal and low surface tension CRC 6-66 displaces moisture and separates
it from contact with the metal surface. The high capillary action contributes to the great
• Displaces and seals out moisture, especially after washing or hosing off engines or
• Penetrates through corrosion to loosen rusted parts.
• Lubricates without leaving a sticky residue.
• Protects against corrosion, even during storage.
• Stops squeaks.
• Starts wet engines.
• Prevents electrical failures.
• Cleans light soils and contaminants.
• Prevents ‘fingerprinting’ by its protective film.
• Protection of all metals and alloys.
• Compatible with most painted surfaces, coatings, plastics and rubbers.
• Equipped with the 360° (upside-down) spray valve for added convenience.
• Pressurised with non-flammable CO2 propellant.
• Active product content of 97%.
• Specification: NSN 6850 – 13 – 115 – 1885.
- Ignition systems
- Battery terminals
- Nuts and bolts
- Chrome, outboard and inboard
- Plated or painted surfaces
- Fishing gears
- Electrical and electronic equipment
• Spray in light, even films to lubricate and protect metal surfaces. For electrostatic spraying,
addition of polar solvents (butanol, nitropropane, …) may be necessary.
• Apply liberally and allow to penetrate to free rusted parts. Full penetration may require several
• To displace moisture, spray wet surfaces until run-off is clear and moisture-free.
• To be removed by solvent cleaners (CRC Industrial Degreaser, CRC Fast Dry Degreaser,…) or
alkaline degreasing before surface treatment.
• For application of CRC 6-66 in dipping baths, customers should take care to stir from time to
time (to distribute small amounts of deposits) and to prevent excessive evaporation of solvent.
When stable emulsions have been formed, the bath should be emptied and cleaned, and the
• Do not use on energized equipment. Use in a well ventilated area.
• A safety data sheet (MSDS) according EU-Directive 93/112 is available for all CRC products.
TYPICAL PRODUCT DATA (without propellant)
|Specific gravity @ 20°C||:||0.83|
|Distillation range of solvents||:||190-250°C|
|Flash point (open cup)||:||78°C|
|Dynamic viscosity @ 20°C||:||3.9 mPa.s|
|Ultimate film thickness||:||2.10-6m.|
|(@ 20°C, after a 24 hr spread)||100 m2/l.|
|Maximum expected coverage||:|
|(@ 20°C, after a 24 hr spread)|
|Solvent dissipation||:||2-4 h.|
|(@ 20°C, thin film)|
aerosol : 12 x 300 ml
bulk : 4 x 5 L
5 L + sprayer
Typical corrosion protection results will depend mainly on surface conditions and indoor environment. It may be less than 1 month or more than 6 months. The first application therefore should be checked periodically for signs of corrosion. Once the time of protection under any specific condition is determined, CRC 6-66 may be re-applied at intervals to maintain protection.
All statements in this publication are based on service experience and/or laboratory testing. Because of the wide variety of equipment and conditions and the unpredictable human factors involved, we recommend that our products be tested on-the-job prior to use. All information is given in good faith but without warranty neither expressed nor implied.
This Technical Data Sheet may already have been revised at this moment for reason such as legislation, availability of components and newly acquired experiences.